News & Events
Bridging the Hearts and Minds of Youth
February 27 - March 1, 2015
San Diego, CA
This conference seeks to connect people across disciplines—from the classroom, to the laboratory, the therapy room and the living room—all in support of the growth, study and dissemination of mindfulness for the next generation.
The Greater Good Science Center is a co-sponsor of this event.
Save the date for 2015’s Bridging the Hearts and Minds of Youth Conference.
We are constantly reminded that we live in a different world these days, and the challenges facing our children are daunting: bullying,
obesity, technology, in addition to more longstanding problems like poverty and racial/ethnic discrimination. Fortunately, we also live in
an age of unprecedented research and demonstrated effectiveness for mindfulness and compassion to support children and adults in
meeting the challenges of the 21st century.
- Learn mindfulness skills, practices, and programs that you can share with youth in nearly any setting.
- Hear from experts already bringing mindfulness to youth in schools, clinics, neighborhoods, and hospitals.
- Connect with like-minded educators, clinicians, and researchers to build resources and networks of support.
- Get up to on the latest research findings and projects, and find out how you can contribute.
- Attend optional workshops focused on practical skills and curricula, as well as breakout sessions dedicated to key issues and topics.
- Brainstorm ways to bring mindfulness to bear on the challenges of your community or population.