News & Events
The Siegel-Gottman Summit
July 25-26, 2014
This event features Drs. John and Julie Gottman, world-renowned couples researchers and therapists, and Dr. Dan Siegel, internationally acclaimed pioneer in interpersonal neurobiology.
Learn the science behind how the brain develops and is shaped through relationships. Understand which principles guide a happy, lasting relationship. Leave this training with a toolkit of evidenced-based interventions based on Gottman Method Couples Therapy and the Nine Domains of Interpersonal Neurobiology that will create lasting change in the lives’ of your clients. It’s not just couples therapy, it’s science.
Dr. Dan Siegel has made one of the most exciting scientific discoveries of the last twenty years: how we focus our attention shapes the structure of our brain. He will masterfully provide an entertaining and clear framework for understanding the human mind and its connection to relationships. In response, the Gottmans will skillfully demonstrate - through live video taped sessions with couples, clinical vignettes, and experiential audience participation - how to interweave mindfulness into your couples work using evidenced-based interventions from Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
In this ground breaking 2-day training, you will learn practical steps to promote transformative therapy by teaching your clients how to:
1. Increase emotional and physiological regulation
2. Understand body sensations and meta-emotion
3. Bring truth to consciousness
4. Separate past trauma from current relationships
5. Develop self-acceptance and compassion for one’s partner
6. Heal from insecure attachments and betrayal
7. Renew intimacy in relationships
8. Accept uncertainty and lack of control in relationships
9. Move from reactivity to receptivity