News & Events
The Art & Science of Mindfulness: Las Vegas Compassion Conference
October 31 - November 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
FACES conference presents this compassion training from experts in psychology and mental health.
Note: This is not a Greater Good Science Center event.
This 3-day conference features the Greater Good’s own Emiliana Simon-Thomas, Ph.D., along with Daniel Siegel, Ph.D., Kristin Neff, Ph.D., Shauna Shapiro, Ph.D., Michael Meade, D.H.L., and more.
- Cultivating the Upside to Depression: Discovering Compassion as a Key to a Resilient Brain
- The Seeds of Destiny: Finding Meaning & Compassion
- Breaking Bad Habits: The Neuroscience & Psychology of Personal Transformation
- Self-Compassion & Coping with the Stress of Life
- Dispelling the Myth of Compassion Fatigue
- Ways to Nurture Compassion & and Bolster Resilience: A Constructive Narrative Approach
- Compassion and Decision Making: Implications for Conflict Resolution
- Mindfulness, Compassion Suffering & the Therapist
For more information, visit http://facesconferences.com/mindfulness-conferences.
Greater Good's editors pick this year’s most thought-provoking, important, or useful nonfiction books on the science of a meaningful life.
Christine Carter explains how to shorten your to-do list and feel more motivated to tackle it, all at once.
A new book examines the common psychological barriers to change—and how to overcome them.
Greater Good Events
Clark Kerr Campus, UC-Berkeley
Sunday, June 25 - Friday, June 30, 2017 OR Sunday, July 16 - Friday, July 21, 2017
The GGSC’s six-day Summer Institute equips education professionals with prosocial learning strategies, tools and processes that benefit both students and teachers.
» ALL EVENTS
Take a Greater Good Quiz!
How compassionate are you? How generous, grateful, or forgiving? Find out!» TAKE A QUIZ
Watch Greater Good Videos
Talks by inspiring speakers like Jon Kabat-Zinn, Dacher Keltner, and Barbara Fredrickson.Watch
Greater Good Resources
- "Gratitude and Prosocial Behavior"
Finds that feeling gratitude produces kind and helpful behavior, even when that behavior is costly to the individual actor.
- "Compassion: An Evolutionary Analysis and Empirical Review"
Compassion evolved as a distinct affective experience whose function is to enable cooperation and protection of those who...
- "From Jerusalem to Jericho"
This article on bystander intervention in emergency situations suggests that we are likely to help a “shabbily dressed”...
- Jeffrey J. Froh’s Laboratory for Gratitude in Youth
Learn more about one of the leading researchers of gratitude.
- Expanding the Science and Practice of Gratitude
The GGSC’s new project which aims to expand the scientific database of gratitude and promote practices of gratitude in...
- The Research Project on Gratitude and Thankfulness
The Research Project on Gratitude and Thankfulness, co-directed by Robert A. Emmons and Michael E. McCullough, is a...
Book of the Week
» READ MORE
Best-selling author and founder of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program