News & Events
Immigrant Families as They Really Are
April 5th-6th, 2013
University of Miami
Carol Gables, Florida
The Council on Contemporary Families presents this conference on issues facing immigrant families
Note: This is not a Greater Good Science event.
This 16th annual conference features Carola Suarez-Orozco, Professor of Human Development and Psychology and Co-Director of the Institute for Immigrant Children and Youth at UCLA, as the keynote speaker.
The conference aims to correct the predominantly negative views the general public has of immigrants by gathering national immigrant family researchers and local immigration practitioners to discuss the challenges immigrants families face in American society.
Attendees can expect discussions on:
- Youth well-being and international adoption
- Parenting and intimate relationships
- Fertility, sexuality and partner selection
- Dynamics of transnational families
- Cultural adaptation and implementation of evidence-based interventions to assist immigrant families in need
For more information, visit http://www.contemporaryfamilies.org.