News & Events
Enrich 2014: Communicating and Learning in Highly Effective Healthcare Systems
June 20, 2014
Crowne Plaza Cabana Hotel
4290 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306 | Map It
AACH offers a 5-day intensive and interactive course. Using a learner-centered model, the course features key note presentations, interactive workshop tracks, and small learning group sessions designed to enhance knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to practice and teach relationship-centered communication.
The ENRICH course is a 5-day intensive and interactive course. Using a learner-centered model,
the course features key note presentations, interactive workshop tracks, and small learning group
sessions designed to enhance knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to practice and teach
relationship-centered communication. The course fosters interprofessional collaboration and
welcomes clinicians and educators from a variety of healthcare perspectives.
The 2014 ENRICH Course will examine communication and learning within healthcare systems,
including hospitals, medical schools, postgraduate programs, learning communities, and others,
and will investigate best practices to engage and activate patients, learners, and practitioners.
Participants at the ENRICH 2014 Course will enroll in one of six kinds of learning groups.
The goal of these learning groups is to provide a learner-centered venue where each participant
will clarify her/his own learning goals in interpersonal and communication skills, personal
awareness, and reflection; trained AACH facilitators and fellow group participants will collaborate to
fashion exercises that will help accomplish those goals. Descriptions of each learning group
style can be found online.
This live activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and
Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the
joint sponsorship of the University of Minnesota and the American Academy on Communication
in Healthcare (AACH). The University of Minnesota is accredited by the ACCME to provide
continuing medical education for physicians.
This live activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Determination of
exact number of credits is pending.
• Enhance your communication and relationship building skills to improve clinical outcomes and patient safety
• Improve your team’s effectiveness, efficiency and morale
• Develop proficiency at interdisciplinary hand-offs to provide safe patient care
• Recharge your personal battery and passion – Become a more creative and dynamic change agent in healthcare
• Practice collaboration to obtain informed consent with patients and improve safety
• Manage emotions under stress and become more skilled at handling unanticipated medical outcomes and addressing medical errors
• Become more skilled at turning conflict into opportunities to accept diversity and improve safety
• Impact the bottom line for your organization
• Complete requirements for risk management, communication, and team building